LinkedIn Top Companies List: Comcast NBCUniversal was ranked #10 on the 2017 LinkedIn Top Companies: Where the Work Wants to Work Now list, highlighting our focus on community service, military hiring, and supplier diversity intiatives.
NBCUniversal Celebrates LGBTQ Pride Month: In honor of Pride Month, NBCUniversal shared a spotlight of some of our employees and allies who share why they're Out and Proud!
- NBC Out #Pride30: NBC Out announced the launch of its inaugural #Pride30 list which recognized LGBTQ people who are making the community proud. The winners were revealed throughout Pride Month 2017.
- NBIC Best-of-the-Best: The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and National Business Inclusion Consortium (NBIC) named Comcast NBCUniversal a Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Inclusion for the 2nd consecutive year.
AIM 100 List: Comcast NBCUniversal was named to Affinity Inc magazine's AIM100 List for exemplary support and leadership for LGBT business equality and inclusion
- Asian Pacific American Programming: Comcast celebrated Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month by offering Xfinity customers a special collection of content during the month of May.
Celebrate APA Heritage Month: NBCUniversal celebrated APA Heritage Month with "Grimm's", Reggie Lee, who offered his experiences as an Asian American actor on primtime television.
- Defending The AAPI Community: Comcast NBCUniversal released a five-part rountable discussion titled, "Comcast Newsmakers Presents: The State of the AAPI Community", which aims to take down stereotypes and highlights thesocioeconomic issues this community faces.
- NMSDC CPO of the Year: Peter Kiriacoulacos, Comcast Corporation's Chief Procurement Officer, was honored by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) as their CPO of the Year.
- Fortune's Most Powerful Latinas: Fortune magazine and the Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA) named Myrna Soto, Comcast Corporation's SVP and Global Chief Security Officer, on the 2017 Most Powerful Latinas list for most powerful latina in corporate America
- Professional Women's Magazine: Comcast NBCUniversal was recognized in Professional Women's Magazine as a Top Employer and Top Supplier Diversity Program in the "Women of the Year" issue.
- U.S. Veterans Magazine: Comcast NBCUniversal was recognized as a Top Supplier Diversity Program and Top Veteran-Friendly Employer by U.S. Veterans Magazine in the "Salute to Veterans/Best of the Best" Issue
- NABJ Lifetime Achievement Award: Yvette Miley, Senior Vice President for MSNBC & NBC News, was chosen as NABJ's 2017 Chuck Stone Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient for her 25 years of experience in the journalism industry.
BLACK ENTERPRISE: Comcast NBCUniversal was named on the BLACK ENTERPRISE 50 Top Companies for Supplier Diversity list in their May/June Issue.
ICYMI (In case you missed it...)
July 8-10: National Council of La Raza (NCLR) Annual Conference
- July 12-15: Rainbow PUSH Annual International Convention
- July 22-26: NAACP 2017 National Convention
- July 26-28: ColorComm Conference 2017
- July 26-29: National Urban League (NUL) Annual Convention
- July 26-29: National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) Silver Anniversary Conference
- July 26-29: Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) National Convention
August 3-6: OCA National 2017 Convention
August 9-13: National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) Annual Conference
August 13-16: Aspen Institute Annual Conference on Competition
September 15-October 15: Hispanic Heritage Month
September 25-26: Diversity Week: WICT Leadership Conference
September 26-27: Diversity Week: NAMIC Annual Conference
September 27: Diversity Week: Walter Kaitz Foundation Annual Dinner