With a chill in the air and snow falling in parts of the U.S, winter weather and all its joys – and pain points - is coming soon. When a new storm season arises being prepared is key to help you stay safe, warm and connected to the things that matter most.
Here are some tips on how to prep the home for winter weather:
- Download apps to keep you prepared: Information is power during serious storms. To prepare, save helpful links you may need if a bad storm hits like your local radio station or community website, and save/identify your emergency contacts in your mobile device. Download useful mobile apps like FEMA, which provides updates on local weather.
- Consider what you may need for power outages: consider a backup generator and invest in battery-powered lanterns and chargers to stay connected during outages. And don’t forget a backup solution for your home Internet connection. Xfinity’s Storm-Ready WiFi, keeps the home connected even when the power is out with cellular back-up and a four hour rechargeable battery.
- Charge your back-up batteries: Don’t stop with Storm-Ready WiFi, consider purchasing back-up batteries for the devices most important to you like mobile phones. Make sure those batteries are charged when a severe winter storm is expected in your area.
- Install a programmable thermostat: save on energy costs by setting a lower temperature when away from home and warmer temp when at home. These devices help conserve energy while also keeping you warm when the weather is cold.
- Use tech to keep you warm: Snow removal is a necessary activity in the winter. Stay warm with tech powered warming gloves, vests, hats and more, even on the coldest of conditions.
To help our customers prepare for winter storms, Xfinity is offering a 25 percent discount on Storm-Ready WiFi to Xfinity Rewards diamond and platinum members now through the end of the year. The Storm-Ready WiFi device, usually $252 will be $189 after a 25 percent discount is applied to your bill. Get more information on this deal here.