Billboard Latin Music Awards Celebrates 20th Year On Telemundo
The Billboard Latin Music Awards is one of the longest-running and most prestigious awards show in the Latin music world.
This year, the coveted event celebrates its 20th broadcast on Telemundo, among the glitz and glamour of the city of Las Vegas. Here are some interesting facts about the Billboard Latin Music Awards ceremony:
Billboard Latin Music Awards Trivia:
1. Telemundo began broadcasting the Billboard Latin Music Awards in 1999. This year it celebrates the 20th time it broadcasts the prestigious show on its screen.
2. The unique etched glass BLMA statuette weighs three pounds, and is nine inches tall.
3. Male Artist with most wins: Enrique Iglesias with 46 awards
4. Female Artist with most wins: Shakira with 33 awards
5. Group with most wins: Aventura with 25 awards
6. Longest-running host of the Billboard Latin Music Awards: Aylin Mujica, who hosted the awards five times, between 2008-2012.
7. Longest-running host of the Red Carpet pre-show special Alfombra de Premios Billboard: Rashel Diaz, who hosted the red carpet special 10 times from 2008-2017.
8. Youngest solo artist to win a BLMA: Yuridia (was 20 years old when she received her first BLMA in 2007)
9. Families that boast two generations of BLMA-winning talent: Julio and Enrique Iglesias, and Vicente and Alejandro Fernandez.
10. Artists to take the most awards in one night: Don Omar, Marc Anthony and Romeo Santos, with 10 awards each
11. Male artist to have taken the stage the most times to perform at the BLMAs: Marc Anthony, performing ten times in (2000, 2002, 2005, and 2010-2016)
12. Female artist to have taken the stage the most times to perform at the BLMAs: Paulina Rubio performing nine times in 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2016)
13. Personalities who have presented the most times during the last 19 award shows: Maria Celeste Arraras (15), Dra. Ana Maria Polo (11), and Catherine Siachoque (11)
The Billboard Latin Music Awards will be broadcast live on Telemundo Thursday, April 26 at 7pm/6c from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The show will also air simultaneously on Spanish-language entertainment cable network, Universo. The complete list of finalists, in addition to exclusive content about this year’s three-hour ceremony, can be found at PremiosBillboard.com, the official website of the 2018 Billboard Latin Music Awards. Fans can be part of the action of the star-studded event following @LatinBillboards across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat as TeamTelemundo, and join the conversation using #Billboards2018. Tickets to the event will go on sale soon.