2017/12/corporate_2017_Import_Background_Fill.jpg
Television

TODAY Seeing Across-the-Board Morning Show Ratings Growth

Building on last year’s momentum, NBC’s TODAY is the No. 1 morning news show in A18-49 season-to-date.

NBC’s TODAY continues to gain momentum, tightening the ratings race and posting across-the-board growth. For the week of Jan. 26, TODAY was the number-one morning show on Wednesday, topping GMA in total viewers and the key demo A25-54. This marks TODAY’s first outright daily win in nearly five months (since 9/5/14).  TODAY also beat GMA in the key demo on Thursday, marking its third straight week of two or three day demo wins.  TODAY posted its largest total viewer and key demo audiences in more than two months and its closest total viewer gap with GMA in a month. 

Versus the same week last year, TODAY dramatically slashed the gap with GMA in total viewers (by 42 percent) and in A25-54 viewers (by 57 percent).  Week to week, TODAY cut the gap with GMA (by 13 percent) and posted the biggest growth of the morning shows in total viewers (+6 percent, or +297,000).  Season to date, TODAY has closed the gap with GMA versus last season in total viewers (by 19 percent).  TODAY placed first in rating A25-54 (1.7) for the week.  

TODAY saw the biggest gains of the morning shows versus the 1Q’15 levels. TODAY is the No. 1 morning news program in A18-49 for the season.

More About Comcast