From now until Super Bowl XLIX airs on NBC on Sunday, February 1, from Glendale, Ariz., NBC Sports Group and NBCUniversal will surround the game with their most comprehensive Super Bowl promotional effort ever. Using the "Big Event Strategy," NBC Sports Group will leverage NBCUniversal’s robust collection of broadcast and cable networks, websites, radio and social media platforms, and additional promotional assets to drive further awareness of the game.
NBC Sports Group’s cross-channel campaign for Super Bowl XLIX will include advertising and editorial support on television, radio, online and on-site, and will include NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, MSNBC, USA, E!, Bravo, Telemundo, Mun2, Golf Channel, Esquire, Oxygen, SyFy, The Weather Channel and the collection of NBCUniversal television, radio and digital networks.
"We are using the full force of America’s largest media company to market the Super Bowl," said John Miller, Chief Marketing Officer, NBC Sports Group. "As an NBCUniversal symphony priority, numerous platforms, programs, channels, and websites will be focused on the Super Bowl with one simple goal — make the Super Bowl a massive television event."
NBC Sports Group and NBCUniversal are adding to the significant national conversation about Super Bowl XLIX by complementing it with promotional spots on television, online, and on radio.
Throughout the 2014 NFL season, all NBC Sports NFL programming has featured Super Bowl XLIX artwork, "Home of Super Bowl XLIX" tags and commercials. Currently airing and scheduled to run through February 1, :60, :30 and :15 iterations of NBC Sports’ numerous Super Bowl XLIX promos will air on NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, MSNBC, USA, E!, Bravo, Golf Channel, Telemundo, Mun2, Oxygen, The Weather Channel, Esquire, Chiller, SyFy and Universal HD. Click here to view NBC Sports Group’s :30 second Super Bowl spot titled "All Day Super Bowl Party on NBC". In addition, localized NBC Sports Super Bowl XLIX :30 spots have been created to run on 200 NBC affiliates across the United States.
Super Bowl XLIX banner ads will run across many of NBCUniveral’s 20+ digital platforms including, NBC.com, NBCSports.com, GolfChannel.com, Rotoworld.com, CNBC.com, MSNBC.com, Eonline.com, BravoTV.com, Oxygen.com, Telemundo.com, Mun2.TV, and TV.Esquire.com. Super Bowl XLIX banner ads will also be present on YahooSports.com, through NBC Sports Digital’s partnership with Yahoo Sports.
As part of its multi-platform promotion leading up to the game, NBC Sports will send two lucky fans to Super Bowl XLIX, with the NBC Sports Super Bowl Fan Challenge. Throughout the NFL regular season, fans visited the NBC Sports Super Bowl Fan Challenge page on NBCSports.com, and completed weekly challenges for a chance to win the grand prize –VIP access and two (2) tickets to Super Bowl XLIX, as well as airfare and hotel accommodations. Additional social media marketing programs will be announced soon.
NBC Sports’ Super Bowl XLIX commercials are running through February 1 on more than 400 NBC Sports Radio affiliates across the country. In addition, numerous NBC Sports Radio programs will be on-site in Phoenix, Ariz.
The SNF Bus: Since hitting the road on September 1, 2014, NBC Sports Group’s Sunday Night Football bus has traveled the country visiting the host cities of all 17 Sunday Night Football games, the NFL Kickoff game in Seattle and NBC’s Wild Card and Divisional Playoff games. During its travels, the bus has been wrapped with promotional artwork for Super Bowl XLIX and featured a replica Vince Lombardi Trophy, which has been available for fan photos. The SNF bus will arrive in Phoenix on January 26, and will make stops at local events including the NFL Experience, the league’s interactive theme park, before heading to University of Phoenix Stadium on gameday. The Sunday Night Football bus will give fans the opportunity to interact with exclusive activities, memorabilia and an interactive 55-inch touch screen housing social media elements, photos and video.
Many of NBCUniversal’s high-profile programs and platforms will feature Super Bowl content or originate from Phoenix during the week of the game. Shows and platforms include TODAY Show,The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, NBC Nightly News, Meet The Press, Access Hollywood, The Dan Patrick Show, Morning Joe, Hardball, The Soup, E! News, NHL Live, Premier League Live, Pro Football Talk, Feherty Live, NBC Sports Radio, and NBC Sports Digital.
The Today Show: On Friday, January 30, and Saturday, January 31, TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker will anchor the morning program live from Super Bowl Central, NBC and NBC Sports Group’s primary home for studio programing during Super Bowl week, located in downtown Phoenix. The TODAY Show’s coverage from Phoenix continues through gameday on February 1. Throughout the 2014 NFL season, NBC Sports and the NFL teamed up with TODAY to present weekly Together We Make Football segments, telling the most compelling stories of football fans, players, teams and families across the country. As a part of the campaign, fans submitted their stories to TogetherWeMakeFootball.com, and one lucky winner in the group and individual categories was selected to win a trip to Super Bowl XLIX.
- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon: Jimmy Fallon will host a special Super Bowl XLIX edition of The Tonight Show from the Orpheum Theater in Phoenix. The Tonight Show will air live Sunday night, following local news telecasts after the game. Announced guests include Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell, who are scheduled to battle Jimmy in "The Super Bowl of lip sync contests."
- NBC Nightly News: America’s No. 1 evening newscast will feature special coverage from Arizona on Friday and Saturday, January 30-31. Anchor and managing editor Brian Williams will report from Phoenix.
- Meet the Press: The iconic Sunday-morning public affairs program will air from Glendale, on Sunday, February 1. Chuck Todd will host newsmakers and political leaders for discussions that set the national agenda.
- Access Hollywood and Access Hollywood Live: Billy Bush and Kit Hoover will host Access Hollywood Live from Super Bowl Central, on Thursday, January 29, and Friday, January 30, featuring the biggest celebrities and big-name athletes. Billy Bush will also anchor Access Hollywood’s coverage and highlight the athletes, stars and celebrities who are in Phoenix for Super Bowl week.
- The Dan Patrick Show: NBCSN’s renowned sports television show and syndicated radio program, starring Football Night in America co-host Dan Patrick, will travel to Glendale, to present five days of on-site shows leading up to Super Bowl XLIX. Beginning on Monday, January 26, and continuing through Friday, January 30, The Dan Patrick Show will originate from a specially designed set at the DIRECTV Super Fan Stadium, located across the street from University of Phoenix Stadium. The Super Bowl week shows will feature a number of high profile athletes and celebrity guests who are in town for the game. Patrick will also be joined by his production staff of Paul Pabst, Patrick O’Connor, Andrew Perloff and Todd Fritz, known as The Danettes. The Dan Patrick Show airs weekdays from 9 a.m. – Noon ET on NBCSN and on DIRECTV’s Audience Network.
- Pro Football Talk: NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk will hit the road during Super Bowl week, as a comprehensive cast of Football Night In America and Sunday Night Football commentators join PFT to provide insight and analysis on-site in Phoenix throughout the week leading up to Super Bowl XLIX. Co-hosted by Mike Florio and Paul Burmeister, Pro Football Talk will air Monday through Friday (January 26 – January 30) at 5:30 p.m. ET. Florio and Burmeister will be joined by PFTcontributors Jason Taylor, Kevin Gilbride and Ross Tucker on-site at Super Bowl Central, as well as by numerous Sunday Night Football and Football Night In America commentators.
- NHL Live: NHL Live, NBC Sports Group’s pre- and post-game studio show, will originate from downtown Phoenix during Super Bowl week. Hosts Liam McHugh and Kathryn Tappen will anchor NBCSN’s NHL Live coverage throughout the week, alongside former players and analysts Mike Milbury, Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick. Beginning on Tuesday, January 27, the program will be located at Super Bowl Central. NBCSN will feature six NHL telecasts during the week prior to Super Bowl XLIX, including the Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals on Wednesday Night Rivalry on January 28. The week will also feature rematches of the 2014 Stanley Cup Conference Finals, when the Los Angeles Kings host the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday, January 28, at 10:30 p.m. ET, and the New York Rangers host the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday, January 29, at 7 p.m. ET. On Super Bowl Sunday, the St. Louis Blues and Washington Capitals meet at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- Premier League Live: Premier League Live, NBC Sports Group’s pre- and post-match studio show, will originate from downtown Phoenix during Super Bowl weekend. Beginning on Saturday, January 31, the program will be located at Super Bowl Central. Rebecca Lowe will host NBC Sports Group’s Premier League Live coverage throughout the weekend, alongside former Jamaica National Team player Robbie Earle, former Major League Soccer and U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Kyle Martino, and former Premier League footballer Robbie Mustoe. NBC Sports Group’s coverage will feature 10 Premier League matches during Super Bowl weekend, including a match between first-place Chelsea and second-place Manchester City on Saturday, January 31, at 12:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Golf Channel: Golf Channel will join NBC in celebrating Super Bowl XLIX with a week of themed programming and events originating from Phoenix. With the PGA TOUR in town, January 29 – February 1, Golf Channel will air 11 live hours of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, known as the Greatest Show on Grass, from the Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale. The network’s Golf Central news show for the first time ever will originate from the famous par-3, 16th hole – The Coliseum – which is surrounded by upwards of 25,000 rowdy fans each day. Golf funnyman David Feherty, host of the critically acclaimed Feherty series on Golf Channel, will take his show on the road to Phoenix’s historic Orpheum Theater for two Feherty Live stage performances on Wednesday, January 28, and Thursday, January 29, at 10 p.m. ET, and featuring guests from the world of the NFL, golf and entertainment.
- MSNBC: On Friday, January 30, Chris Matthews, Mika Brzezinski, Joe Scarborough, Willie Geist and Ronan Farrow head to Phoenix with special live broadcasts of Hardball at 7 p.m. ET followed by a special two-hour primetime edition of Morning Joe.
- CNBC: NBC Sports’ Dave Briggs will provide Super Bowl coverage all day on Friday, January 30, and on the morning of Monday, February 2. Briggs will report on the business of the Super Bowl, from brands to tickets to merchandise, and will interview some of the biggest newsmakers, CEOs and athletes in Phoenix.
- Fashion Police: E!’s comedy series, Fashion Police, will bring viewers all the greatest celebrity fashion hits and misses from the biggest entertainment events surrounding this year’s Super Bowl, in the episode airing Monday, February 2, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- E! News: Check out all the celebrity, entertainment and pop culture happenings surrounding Super Bowl XLIX with E! News co-host Jason Kennedy coming to you from Super Bowl Central and all the can’t-miss festivities beginning Thursday, January 29.
- The Soup: Joel McHale will host a special Super Bowl XLIX edition of E!’s The Soup from Glendale, beginning on Friday, January 30.
- Titulares y Mas: Telemundo’s Titulares y Mas will have nightly coverage Monday – Friday with Karim Mendiburu and former Arizona Cardinal Rolando Cantu. Several stories from all the events, including Media Day will be featured. On Friday evening, Chicago Bear Roberto Garza will join the show for a Super Bowl preview.
- Titulares Telemundo: Titulares Telemundo will be live from Phoenix on Saturday, January 31, and Sunday, February 1. Jessi Losada will have live reports on Saturday night with a preview of the Super Bowl, and will have post-game analysis Sunday night from University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Ritmo Deportivo: Telemundo’s Ritmo Deportivo will be at the hottest spots in Phoenix, for the ultimate Super Bowl party. Leti Coo and Karim Mendiburu will hang with both conference championship teams during Media Day and get the biggest stars of the Pro Bowl to share their predictions for the game. All the action starts on Saturday, January 31, at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Street Art Throwdown: Oxygen will host a multi-day challenge on behalf of its new competition series, Street Art Throwdown, where four up-and-coming street artists will be tasked to create various football-themed murals every day leading up to the game, and culminating with a live-painting of a large Super Bowl XLIX-themed mural on Saturday, January 31. On Thursday, January 29, and Friday, January 30, at the NFL Fan Experience, Oxygen will host a fan-driven interactive activation outside the convention center where fans, celebrities, and former/current NFL players have the opportunity to interact with the artists in a pop art challenge. The series premieres on Tuesday, February 3, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- Comcast SportsNet New England: Comcast SportsNet New England will bring Patriots fans all the excitement of Super Bowl XLIX from Arizona, with 13 of its shows originating from Phoenix. Coverage begins Sunday, January 25, and includes Sports Sunday, SportsNet Central, Early Edition, Sports Tonight, Felger & Mazz, Quick Slants, Patriots Wednesday Live, New England Tailgate, Patriots Football Weekly, Monday Night Patriots, Pre-Game and Post-Game Live, and signature hockey program Cross-Check with Felger & Milbury. Talent on-site for Comcast SportsNet will include Ty Law, Troy Brown, Dan Koppen, Michael Felger, Tom E. Curran, Mike Giardi, Kevin Walsh, Kay Adams, Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie.
- Comcast SportsNet Northwest: Comcast SportsNet Northwest will air Hawks Talk Nightly, a half hour special originating from Phoenix each night Monday, January 26, though Saturday, January 31. The on-site talent consists of legendary Northwest sportswriter Dwight Jaynes, former University of Oregon football star and former Seattle Seahawk Jordan Kent, CSNNW.com football insider Aaron Fentress, and a host of additional guests.
- NBC Sports Radio: NBC Sports Radio travels to Arizona to provide insight and analysis throughout the week leading up to Super Bowl XLIX. Programs hitting the road includeProFootballTalk with Mike Florio, Voices of the Game with Newy Scruggs, Under Center with McNabb & Malone, The Jon Stashower Show, and Going Deep with Amani & Dan. All NBC Sports Radio programs will air on-site at "Radio Row," from the Super Bowl XLIX Media Center in Phoenix, and feature interviews with current and former players and coaches, and industry insiders. On Friday, January 30, Under Center with McNabb & Malone will broadcast live alongside the Sunday Night Football bus at the NFL Experience, the league’s interactive theme park.