History in the Making: A Record-Breaking Digital Olympics
Comcast and NBCUniversal were honored to share these unforgettable Olympic moments with millions of people across multiple screens for the first time ever, making the 2012 Games the first digital Olympics in history.
From the TV to the computer, the tablet to the mobile phone, Comcast and NBCUniversal brought consumers every minute of every medal on every screen. Below we highlight some of the most startling statistics from the 2012 Olympic Games.
2012 Cross-Platform Viewing Statistics:
- 217 million TV viewers watched the Olympics
- 1.93 billion page views on NBCOlympics.com, NBC apps and XfinityTV.com/NBCOlympics
- 82.1 million unique visitors to NBCOlympics.com and NBC apps
- 159.3 million total video streams online and on NBC apps
- 27.6 million views On Demand on Xfinity TV (over 2,000 On Demand titles)