2017/12/corporate_2017_Import_Background_Fill.jpg
Diversity & Inclusion

We Recruit the Best

At Comcast and NBCUniversal, we’re serious about finding top talent. And we constantly strive to ensure that our recruitment process includes a diverse pool of applicants.

Each year, more than 1 million people apply for a job with Comcast and NBCUniversal. While 30% of all new employees result from internal employee referrals, the remaining 70% of new hires are recruited directly by members of our Talent Acquisition Teams.

Our holistic diversity & inclusion recruitment and retention strategy helps us attract high-potential diverse candidates through a number of initiatives, including: 

  • Partnering with top colleges, universities, diverse executive search firms, and diverse MBA, journalism, and engineering associations

  • Launching a new careers microsite — careers.comcast.com — and structuring an enhanced social media outreach strategy through a broader and more active presence on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram

  • Requiring at least one person of color on hiring manager slates for positions at the VP+ level

Developing Talent, Promoting Leadership

Diverse perspectives lead to innovative ideas. That’s not just our philosophy; it’s our competitive advantage. At Comcast and NBCUniversal, we strive to develop, retain, and embrace a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We focus on developing our diverse talent through leadership, mentoring, and sponsorship programs, including the development and enhancement of programs focused on our manager- and director-level employees.

Leading the Way in Leadership Diversity

One of our proudest achievements to date is the increase in women leaders across the company. As of YE 2013, women accounted for 39% of all directors and 36% of all executives at the VP+ level. In addition, women accounted for 44% of all promotions and 35% of all new hires at the VP+ level in 2013 alone. 

We continue to evaluate and monitor our workforce initiatives to ensure that our programs are structured to yield long-term success. 

Boot Camp, for the Big Time

Comcast’s Executive Leadership Career Advancement Program (ELCAP) is designed to accelerate career growth and increase retention for a diverse pipeline of leadership talent. ELCAP provides on-the-job development and exposure for employees with potential for a vice president role as a next career move through executive sponsorship, individual development plans, and group learning events. Since its inception in 2012, more than 90% of ELCAP participants are women or people of color.

© 2018 Comcast