Comcast Interactive Media Launches Fancast.com
Las Vegas, NV
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) today launched www.Fancast.com, the first online destination that enables users to watch, manage and find entertainment content wherever it is available - on Fancast, on television, online, on DVD or in theaters. On Fancast, users can view an expanding free library of full episodes and clips from top networks and movie partners, find the content they are looking for across multiple platforms and create a personalized entertainment experience.
• Want to watch a previous episode of your favorite series that you missed? On Fancast consumers have instant access to over 3,000 hours of streaming free, full-length content from networks - including CBS, NBC and Fox (provided by Hulu), MTV Networks and BET Networks - movie trailers, short videos and interviews.
• Can't find what you want to watch on Fancast? The site's "Watch it" tool will tell users where they can get it, on Fancast, on television, online, On Demand, on DVD or in the theater.
• Fancast shows you what is on the TV line-up in your area no matter who your provider is.
• Need to decide what to watch tonight? On Fancast users can search for video content and entertainment information they're looking for on over 11 million web pages including information on more than 50,000 television shows, 80,000 movies and 1.2 million people combining multiple sources of entertainment information.
• If users don't know exactly what content they're looking for, they can visit Fancast and discover new content through the site's personalized recommendations based on what they have chosen in the past.
• Want to know who your favorite movie actor married or what TV show he appeared in before he made it big? Explore the connections between TV shows, movies, cast and crew on "Six Degrees."
• Want to control your DVR from the road? Coming soon in 2008, Fancast will enable users to program their DVR recordings in advance, from their computers, ensuring that they will never miss a show again.
• Want a more personalized viewing experience? Fancast's "Watch List," will organize and catalog upcoming programming, set a personalized play list and send reminders to users about what they should watch in the future based on previous preferences.
• In 2009, users will be able to mark and add content to a folder in their video on demand menu, directly from their computers.
• If a movie is playing in the theaters, Fancast will link users to Fandango one of the Web's top movie destinations to purchase tickets online.
"Our goal with Fancast is to make entertainment consumption amazingly simple," said Amy Banse, President of Comcast Interactive Media. "In this new age of interactive media where entertainment is available everywhere, Fancast helps consumers find what they are looking for and manage their entertainment experience across multiple platforms. For people who want their content and information immediate and easy to find, Fancast is the ultimate one-stop shop."
Fancast will continue to add new features and additional content throughout 2008 and beyond.
For a webcast of Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts' CES keynote address and for additional press information on Comcast announcements at CES, please visit www.comcast.com/ces.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (http://www.comcast.com) is the nation's leading provider of entertainment, information and communications products and services. With 24.2 million cable customers, 12.9 million high-speed Internet customers, and 4.1 million voice customers, Comcast is principally involved in the development, management and operation of broadband cable systems and in the delivery of programming content.
Comcast's content networks and investments include E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, The Golf Channel, VERSUS, G4, AZN Television, PBS KIDS Sprout, TV One, ten regional Comcast SportsNets and Comcast Interactive Media, which develops and operates Comcast's Internet business. Comcast also has a majority ownership in Comcast-Spectacor, whose major holdings include the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, the Philadelphia 76ers NBA basketball team and two large multipurpose arenas in Philadelphia.
About Comcast Interactive Media
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM), a division of Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), develops and operates Internet businesses focused on entertainment, information and communication, including Comcast.net. CIM's products include Fandango.com, a top movie and entertainment destination, selling movie tickets at over 15,000 screens; Fancast.com, a national online entertainment site; Ziddio.com, a national multi-platform user-generated site; GameInvasion.net, a national online site offering for hardcore gaming enthusiasts; and thePlatform, the industry-leading provider of digital media publishing solutions over broadband and wireless networks.