Greetings, amigos. I am pleased to announce that Comcast has created exclusive targeted On Demand set to take our customers on a cultural journey through Hispanic Heritage Month.
From September 15 to October 15, Comcast digital video customers will have access to Hispanic Heritage Month programming including more than 250 Spanish choices, which feature 65 of the greatest Latino films of all time, the Mexico's bicentennial celebration, plus award-winning specials that highlight the people, landscape, cuisine, culture and music of Latin America, as well as shows that include, some of the top Hispanic entertainers and entertainment from around the world.
A few of my favorites include:
- Award-winning films such as "La Celestina" with Penelope Cruz that brings into life a classic from Spanish literature; "The Motorcycle Diaries," that tell us the story about a motorcycle road trip Che Guevara went on in his youth that influenced his beliefs, "Pan's Labyrinth" a story about a young girl during Spain's Civil War and the fantasy she built around her to face her ruthless reality; and Laura Esquivel's "Like Water for Chocolate" where family traditions are challenged by love and the elaboration of famous Mexican recipes.
- Cine Latino's Award winning film "Sexo, Pudor y Lagrimas" (Sex, Shame, and Tears), a comedy-drama among six friends were lust, rejection, infidelities, and reconciliation shaped the dialogues and Alterna TV - Canal11's "La Cocina de la Independencia" a culinary program that shows the food habits during the Independence.
- Music videos by artists like Shakira, Juanes, Aventura, Pitbull, Ivy Queen, among others, as well as musically themed movies including "El Cantante" from Marc Anthony and "Selena."
- Biography Channel specials on Ricky Martin, Salma Hayek, Jennifer Lopez , and Emilio & Gloria Estefan.
- Discovery Atlas' "Mexico Revealed" special embarks you in a journey to explore Mexico, its diverse regions, culture, and the Mexican Mayan community.
- Activity TV's "Puerto Rican Masks," "Guatemalan Dolls" and "Mexican Paper Hearts," as well as "Our Family Wedding," and "Carlos Mencia in: The Best of Funny is Funny."
- Special episodes of popular kid"s shows such as Nickelodeon's "Dora the Explorer" and "Go, Diego, Go!" in Spanish.
In addition, Comcast will also provide special On Demand programming commemorating this year's bicentennial celebrations in Latin America, including "De tres colores" and Univision's prime time specials "Anhelos de la Libertad," "La Decena Tragica" and "Dia de Gloria."
Join me in celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month and the diversity of our customers, with exclusive On Demand and online choices the whole family can enjoy!