XFINITY TV Latino to Offer the Most Extensive Collection of Hispanic Music Videos Ever On Demand
Comcast, one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services, today announced that it has teamed up with Music Choice, the multi-platform video and music network, to bring Xfinity TV MultiLatino customers access to the most extensive collection of Hispanic music videos and original artist content ever On Demand. The collection, available immediately on Xfinity On Demand, with select videos also available on XfinityTV.com/LatinoTV, will soon include a total of 500 music videos and feature a wide variety of Spanish music genres and artists, including pop and rock Latino, romance, tropical, regional Mexican and a children's category.
"Through this alliance with Music Choice, Comcast reinforces its commitment to bringing Hispanic customers the best and most relevant Spanish content available in the market, and we can proudly say that we offer more Hispanic music video choices On Demand than any other provider in the nation," said Ruben Mendiola, Vice President and General Manager of Multicultural Video Services at Comcast. "Music and entertainment are key passions for the Hispanic community, and our new Hispanic music video library will allow customers of our MultiLatino packages to watch the music videos of the songs, genres, and artists that they enjoy most, anytime they want, at no additional cost."
Music Choice will provide additional content behind-the-scenes and performance footage for On Demand customers during Hispanic Heritage Month and will continue to provide Xfinity TV customers with their linear Spanish music channels.
"Music Choice is thrilled to be partnering with Comcast on an initiative targeted toward the growing Hispanic audience by providing a wide array of content for this diverse audience," said Damon Williams, VP Programming & Content of Music Choice. "We are committed to offering our partners and distributors the most diverse and robust array of content to fulfill their business needs and objectives."
With this collection, the total number of Spanish-language music video categories available on Xfinity On Demand will increase from four to 12, including the following:
- Top Videos Musicales: Features the top 20 videos of the week, focusing on the biggest videos from all Latin genres and sub-formats, and artists such as Pitbull, Romeo Santos, Don Omar and Prince Royce.
- Kidz Only! Latino: Includes Spanish-language and crossover Pop hits targeting a younger Latino generation, and featuring Selena Gomez, Miguelito, Danna Paola and RBD, among others.
- Pop Latino: Features the best videos from Latin icons, including Enrique Iglesias, Juanes, Shakira, Luis Fonsi, Paulina Rubio, Camila, Pitbull and Mana.
- Classic Pop Latino: Pays homage to the Latin pop hits of the 90s, featuring artists like Ricky Martin, Alejandro Fernandez, Thalia, Selena and Sin Bandera.
- Musica Urbana: Includes Latin hip-hop, Reggaeton and Dembow music with hits from Daddy Yankee, Wisin & Yandel, Jowell & Randy, Calle 13 and more.
- Romances: Offers viewers the best in romantic Spanish-language ballads from crooners like Marco Antonio Solis, Vicente Fernandez, Shaila Durcal, Luis Miguel, and Gloria Estefan, among many others.
- Tropicales: Showcases a great mix of contemporary and old school Salsa, Merengue, Mambo and Bachata videos from the best Latin artists in the genre, including Gilberto Santa Rosa, Marc Anthony, Romeo Santos, Prince Royce and Juan Luis Guerra.
- Rock Latino: Includes a great mix of contemporary and gold-based Latin Rock hits and videos, featuring Enrique Bunbury, Café Tacuba, Jot Dog and La 5a Estacion.
- Mexicana: Features current regional hit videos from Mexican bands and regional styles like Duranguense, Norteño, Banda, Grupero and Ranchera, including videos from Banda El Recodo, La Arrolladora Banda El Limon, Espinoza Paz, Larry Hernandez and Jenni Rivera.
- Banda: Showcases one of the most popular Regional Mexican formats, including hit videos from Banda Los Recoditos, Calibre 50, La Original Banda El Limon, Julion Alvarez y Su Norteño Banda and more.
- Musica Norteña: Features the best music videos in the Norteño category from artists ranging from Bronco to Los Tigres Del Norte, Los Huracanes Del Norte, Los Tucanes De Tijuana and El Trono De Mexico.
- Esquina Alternativa: Highlights cutting edge videos from artists such as Zoe, No Te Va Gustar, Jarabe de Palo, Ana Tijoux, and Carla Morrison, among others.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.
About Music Choice
Music Choice, the multi-platform video and music network, delivers its music programming to millions of consumers nationwide through their televisions, online and mobile devices. MC programs dozens of uninterrupted music channels; produces MC Originals that feature today's hottest established and emerging artists; and offers thousands of music videos. MC is a partnership among subsidiaries of Microsoft Corporation, Motorola, Inc., Sony Corporation of America, EMI Music and several leading U.S. cable providers: Comcast Cable Communications, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable.