Comcast Kicks Off Holiday Movie Blitz with Home for the Holidays Survey' Revealing A Christmas Story' as Holiday Favorite
With the holiday season upon us, Comcast announced the findings of its "Home for the Holidays Survey*", which polled consumers on their holiday entertainment preferences including which holiday movie family most resembles theirs, favorite movie moment and line and favorite holiday activity. Comcast, one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services, also revealed its "Holiday Films and More Collection" On Demand, which features nearly 80 top holiday films as well as other holiday-themed entertainment options all available in one place, anytime.
Comcast 2009 "Home for the Holidays Survey"
Comcast hosted the "Home for the Holidays Survey" at www.comcast.net and fandango.com and culled the preferences of more than 2,500 consumers on some of their holiday preferences. Findings include:
The holiday movie family that people are most like during the holidays is:
1. Ralphie and the Parkers, A Christmas Story* (38%)
2. Clark and the Griswolds, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation* (24%)
3. Kevin and the McCallisters, Home Alone (11%)
4. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts, Charlie Brown Christmas (11%)
5. Tiny Tim and the Cratchits, A Christmas Carol (7%)
6. Cindy Lou Who and the Whos, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (5%)
7. Buddy and the Hobbs, Elf* (3%)
The favorite holiday movie moment is:
1. Ralphie's friend Flick is "triple dog dared" to put his tongue on a freezing pole, A Christmas Story (31%)
2. Clark finally gets all of his outdoor Christmas lights to work, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (17%)
3. Fred Gaily uses the Post Office to prove to the court that Santa Claus does exist, Miracle on 34th Street (14%)
4. The Peanuts come together to decorate Charlie Brown's little Christmas tree, Charlie Brown Christmas (11%)
5. Scrooge has a turn of heart and throws a holiday dinner for the Cratchits, A Christmas Carol (11%)
6. The Grinch's heart grows and he returns all of the presents and trimmings to Whoville, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (7%)
7. Kevin puts aftershave on this face and screams, Home Alone (4%)
8. Buddy attacks the "fake" Santa, Elf (4%)
Consumers' favorite holiday movie line is:
1. "You'll shoot your eye out!" - Mrs. Parker, A Christmas Story (46%)
2. "God Bless Us, Every One!" - Tiny Tim, A Christmas Carol (19%)
3. "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are an eel. You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch. You're a bad banana with a... greasy black peel." - narrator, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (16%)
4. "Hey, Kids, I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on its way in from New York City." Eddie [after a pause], "You serious, Clark?" - Clark Griswold and Eddie, Christmas Vacation (16%)
5. "This little green one here seems to need a home." - Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown Christmas (3%)
The activity people are looking forward to most this holiday season is:
1. Spending time with family and friends (65%)
2. Watching holiday movies (18%)
3. Baking and eating special holiday treats (7%)
4. Decorating (7%)
5. Singing holiday songs (3%)
Comcast Holiday Films and More Collection
Comcast customers can enjoy a collection of nearly 80 holiday movies featuring the movies above as well as other favorites such as Four Christmases, Love Actually*, The Wiggles: Santa's Rockin'**, Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas - all available for customers to enjoy with the push of a button. All of these holiday movies and more can be found On Demand under "Movies & Events" > "Holiday Films & More."
In addition, Comcast On Demand has tons of festive treats including:
Holiday music such as Deck the Halls, Jingle Bell Rock, O Holy Night and Auld Lang Syne.
Holiday karaoke with seasonal songs to sing such as Winter Wonderland, Silent Night and Twelve Days of Christmas.
Fun for kids with seasonal activities from crafts to baking and puppetry to drawing.
Holiday entertaining tips and ideas from Martha Stewart On Demand.
The ever popular Yule Log - with 3.8 million views last year - is back.
This month's offerings are one reason why Comcast customers choose On Demand programming more than 350 million times every month. With a continuously expanding library, Comcast On Demand currently offers more than 17,000 entertainment programs with more than 2,600 choices in HD each month. With more than 13 billion views to date, Comcast's extensive On Demand library features everything from movies, music and top TV shows to the most popular kids, sports, lifestyle and local programs available anytime, anywhere.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services. With 23.8 million cable customers, 15.7 million high-speed Internet customers, and 7.4 million Comcast Digital Voice customers, Comcast is principally involved in the development, management and operation of cable systems and in the delivery of programming content.
Comcast's content networks and investments include E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, Golf Channel, VERSUS, G4, PBS KIDS Sprout, TV One, ten sports networks operated by Comcast Sports Group and Comcast Interactive Media, which develops and operates Comcast's Internet businesses, including Comcast.net (www.comcast.net). Comcast also has a majority ownership in Comcast-Spectacor, whose major holdings include the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, the Philadelphia 76ers NBA basketball team and two large multipurpose arenas in Philadelphia.
*RESULTS FROM A POLL CONDUCTED ON COMCAST.NET AND FANDANGO.COM ON BEHALF OF COMCAST. NATIONWIDE 2,555 INDIVIDUALS WERE SURVEYED.
** THESE FILMS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE FANCAST STORE ON FANCAST.COM