In January, we invited consumers nationwide to submit videos to our Xfinity Facebook page explaining why they had they had the knowledge, skills, personality, and passion it takes to win our Xfinity Ultimate Sports Social Media Job.
The lucky winner will be paid for an entire year to serve as the voice of XFINITY in the sports social media space and will go behind the scenes at some of the biggest sports events, sharing exclusive insights and updates with fans from the @XFINITYSports Twitter handle. In addition to live event access, the winner will also receive all the electronics for the ultimate sports pad, including televisions, home audio/video equipment, etc. Pretty sweet gig, right?
A ton of great candidates posted videos on our Xfinity Facebook page and we let our "Friends" vote for their favorites. The top-five finalists will each be vying for the role at a premier sports event this weekend, so we thought we'd give you a first-hand introduction at who the lucky winner might be.
Check out the finalists:
- Lexy Jochim will be headed to Arizona courtesy of MLB Network for a Cactus League contest between the Chicago White Sox and Oakland A's. This one is part of MLB Network's 30 Clubs in 30 Days, an annual baseball fan favorite. (Check out 30 Clubs in 30 Days out if you haven't already on Xfinity On Demand — it's a personal favorite of mine).
- Austin Schindel will be on the hook to cover the WGC Cadillac Championship at Doral — one of the PGA Tour's greatest events, thanks to our partners at Golf Channel.
- Matthew Krasnoff will be hosted by SPEED trackside at the Kobalt Tools 400 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway as part of NASCAR's Sprint Cup series.
- Ashley Stoffer will be in Boston as the Bruins take the ice against the Washington Capitals.
- Sandip "Sunny" Saini will take his talents to South Beach to cover a marquee basketball game and see some of the biggest stars play live.
These are the folks that will be taking you behind the scenes with their all-access coverage of these events. Have to admit that I'm a little jealous.
How will we select a winner? We've put that responsibility in the hands of our expert panel of sports insiders. We'll have CNBC's Darren Rovell, Wendy Venturini from SPEED and Jason Sobel from Golf Channel will help decide who will win the Xfinity Ultimate Sports Social Media Job.
We wish all of our finalists the best of luck and invite you to follow all the action this weekend as each of the finalists chronicle their live experiences behind the scenes via social media on the XFINITY Facebook page.
The contest, entitled "Xfinity Presents: The Ultimate Sports Social Media Job," runs through March 25 in search of the next sports social media star. You can check out all the finalists here.