During Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15th through October 15, we celebrate the contributions that Hispanics have made to this country and the impact that they have had around the world. I was born in Caracas, Venezuela and I have always been very proud of my Hispanic heritage. One of the most exciting ways that I enjoy sharing my culture is through film. This is why I am so excited about the launch of Comcast's first-ever multiplatform Hispanic Film Festival, which features 20 Spanish-language award-winning and independent films from throughout Latin America and Spain on Xfinity On Demand and Xfinity.com/latinotv — available free to Xfinity digital customers today through Oct 15.
We worked with providers such as HBO Latino, Viendo Movies, Olympusat and Cine Latino to assemble this collection of highly acclaimed films from Mexico, Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Dominican Republic and my home country of Venezuela to give Hispanic customers even more relevant choices to enjoy on XfinityTV — all available during Hispanic Heritage Month to view whenever and however customers want. In addition, customers can also vote on these award-winning Spanish-language films which include:
- Contracorriente (Mexico) — Sundance Film Festival: Grand Jury Prize; Miami Int'l Film Festival: Audience Award
- Cuando Me Toque a Mi (Ecuador) — Biarritz Film Festival: Best Actor
- Desierto Adentro (Mexico) — Ariel Awards: Silver Award, Best Cinematography
- Desierto Sur (Chile) — Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival: Best Opera Prima
- La Señal, (Argentina) — Argentinean Film Critics Association Awards: Best Cinematograpy
- Ley de Herodes, (Mexico) — Sundance Film Festival: Latin America Cinema Award
- Malos Hábitos, (Mexico) — nominated AFI Dallas International/Cannes Film Festival
- Mariposa Negra (Peru) — Montreal World Film Festival: Glauber Rocha Award
- Sólo Quiero Caminar (Spain) — Goya Award: Best Picture
- Soñar No Cuesta Nada (Colombia) — nominated Goya Awards: Best Spanish Language Foreign Film
- Trópico de Sangre (Dominican Republic) — Imagen Award
In addition to the Hispanic Film Festival movie offering, Comcast digital customers will also be able to watch specials that highlight the people, landscape, cuisine and music of Latin America - including features on some of the top Hispanic entertainers from around the world.
To see movie descriptions, vote for your favorite movie and/or learn more about the Hispanic Film Festival, please visit http://www.xfinity.com/latinoTV .
I am personally planning to cross off some of the top Latin American films that I had on my "to watch" list. Hasta pronto.