The highly anticipated fall 2012 TV season is about to heat-up, and Xfinity TV is bringing viewers more of this season's best and most current TV shows and exclusive extras available across screens. Plus, to help customers stay on top of the latest fall TV buzz and give them ways to personalize their fall TV viewing, Xfinity TV has created a new online destination, Xfinity.com/FallTV, with top TV shows curated by entertainment experts, an interactive premiere schedule and more ways customers can control and watch their favorite shows on TV, PCs and mobile devices.
Xfinity TV is also offering many ways for customers to catch their favorite fall TV shows on their schedule - whether at home On Demand or on-the-go. Through the Xfinity TV apps for Apple and Android-powered devices, which have been downloaded more than six million times, and online at Xfinity.com/TV, customers can watch TV shows on PCs and mobile devices. Having TV programming available at their fingertips has proven to be a favorite way to watch popular shows for millions of Xfinity TV customers; in fact, so far this year, Xfinity TV customers have already watched and streamed approximately 1.5 billion TV shows across Xfinity On Demand, online and apps.
"This season, we're offering customers even more hit TV shows, a deeper library of episodes and new ways to watch and navigate thousands of choices across screens," said Maggie McLean Suniewick, Vice President, Video Services, Comcast Cable. "Whether you want to watch live on TV, the PC or a mobile device, we have a fall TV viewing experience for customers that simply can't be matched."
Xfinity TV's fall 2012 offering includes:
Early Looks and Specials
Before shows debut live on TV, Xfinity TV customers can watch early series premieres and previews of highly anticipated new shows like Revolution and Vegas, and join in creating the water cooler buzz; get an inside look into returning suspense-packed thrillers like Homeland and Dexter; and view extras from shows like Guys With Kids across Xfinity TV viewing platforms [see addendum below].
The Season's Best Shows
New TV series such as 666 Park Avenue, Elementary, The Mob Doctor and The New Normal and returning favorites such as Dancing with the Stars, NCIS, Glee and The Voice will be available live on TV and across Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/TV and the Xfinity TV apps [see addendum below].
Ways to Catch Up and Keep Up
Leading up to and throughout the season, TV fans can catch up on recent past episodes of popular series such as The Voice, Two and Half Men, Happy Endings and New Girl, and watch all of the episodes from series like Boardwalk Empire and Treme across Xfinity viewing platforms. Xfinity Streampix, a video service included for free as part of many Xfinity triple-play packages, lets viewers instantly stream TV shows in and out of the home, and gives customers access to entire past seasons of TV series like 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy and The Office [see addendum below].
Personalized Tools and More
With specialized collections of current and past TV shows, a suite of tools to manage multiplatform viewing, viewing tips, premiere schedules, interviews with some of today's biggest stars and the latest news, the newly created Xfinity.com/FallTV offers customers a seamless viewing destination that streamlines fall TV viewing.
"We created the ultimate viewing destination online - Xfinity.com/FallTV - to help TV fans decide when, how and what to watch this season," said Todd Gold, Executive Editor, Xfinity TV, Comcast Cable. "With hand-picked fall TV selections by entertainment experts, the best shows and a ton of extras, we are giving customers VIP access to easily find the most-buzzed-about new shows and today's hottest stars across TVs, PCs, tablets and smartphones."
Online and through the Xfinity TV apps for Apple and Android-powered devices, customers can also add TV shows to a personalized Queue to watch later; search TV listings to find out when and where their favorites are airing across platforms; schedule DVR recordings remotely; and use devices and PCs as a remote control to change the channel on the TV or toggle between shows.
For more information on Xfinity TV's fall 2012 offering, please visit Xfinity.com/FallTV.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.
Early Looks and Extras Currently Available on Xfinity TV
- The Ultimate Fighter (FX): Catch extras on Xfinity On Demand before the new season premieres Friday, 9/14.
- The Mob Doctor (FOX): Meet the cast of The Mob Doctor and watch behind-the-scenes looks from this new series on Xfinity On Demand and Xfinity.com/TV. Series premieres Monday, 9/17.
- Revolution (NBC): View the first episode of this new series on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/TV or through the Xfinity TV apps. Series premieres Monday, 9/17.
- Animal Practice (NBC): Watch the premiere episode and extras on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/TV and through the Xfinity TV apps. Series premieres Wednesday, 9/26.
- Guys with Kids (NBC): Watch a special sneak peek of this new series on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/TV and through the Xfinity TV apps. Series premieres Wednesday, 9/26.
- Homeland (SHOWTIME): View every episode from the first season, extras and a sneak peek of the new season on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/TV and through the Xfinity TV apps. Premieres Sunday, 9/30.
- Dexter (SHOWTIME): Get an early look at the new season and watch extras on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/TV and through the Xfinity TV apps. Premieres Sunday, 9/30.
Early Looks and Extras Coming Soon on Xfinity TV
- 9/18: Vegas (CBS): Watch an early preview on Xfinity On Demand before the show premieres Tuesday, 9/25
- 9/18: Elementary (CBS): Get an early preview of this new series on Xfinity On Demand, one week before the series premieres Thursday, 9/27.
- 9/18: Made in Jersey (CBS): Watch a special sneak peek of this new series on Xfinity On Demand. Series premieres Friday, 9/28.
- 9/23: Treme (HBO): View the premiere episode of this returning series on Xfinity.com/TV immediately following the new season premiere on live TV, Sunday, 9/23.
- 9/27: Chicago Fire (NBC): Watch the debut episode on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/TV and through the Xfinity TV apps before it premieres on Wednesday, 10/10.