When I’m on the couch watching Top Chef, the last thing I want to do is get up to see who’s at the front door or walk upstairs to turn off a light.
Now I can do those things and more, without missing a single blanch, flambé or chop.
With the Xfinity Home App on X1, customers can manage and monitor their home systems from the biggest screen in their home: the TV. From security sensors and video cameras to lights and thermostats, our platform brings a wide range of appliances, electronics and security technology into one easy-to-use experience.
Without leaving the recliner, X1 customers who have Xfinity Home can:
- See if the pizza delivery person is at the door
- Watch the Xfinity Home camera feed and playback stored video clips
- Turn on the porch light when their husband or wife comes home from work late
- Check in on the kids and their friends in the basement
- Arm the home security system when watching a scary movie
- Adjust the thermostat for the perfect movie-watching temperature
- Make sure the hair straightener, iron or coffee machine is turned off
Our new Xfinity Home app on X1 adds even more simplicity and convenience to our smart home platform. And if you’re like me, it means you won’t miss a minute of "cheftestants" battling it out in front of Padma and Richard ever again.