We've got more exciting news for our Android™ community. Last week on Voices, we announced that customers with Android-powered devices now have access to the Xfinity TV Player. Well, the good news keeps coming because Android users also now have access to the free Xfinity Home app, giving them even more flexibility in managing their home while they are on-the-go.
With the Xfinity Home app, an Xfinity Home customer can easily control their home from the palm of their hand. It allows simple and convenient remote access to monitor their security, home control and energy management solutions right from their Android-powered device. It's very similar to the Xfinity Home iPhone app — here's a quick look at some of the features:
- "Glanceable" Status: Quickly access system status and view history.
- Arming/Disarming: Quickly arm and disarm your system no matter where you are.
- Lighting Control: Manage the lights in your home from your phone.
- Climate Control: Remotely change your heating and cooling settings on your thermostat.
- Video Monitoring: View streaming video or the most recently saved video clips.
Currently, the app is supported by Android Versions 2.2/Froyo to 2.3.7/Gingerbread and is available for free on Google Play for Android and we plan to make it available on Android tablets soon.
Also, if you're reading this and you happen to have an iPhone, don't forget the Xfinity Home app is also available for free on Apple's iTunes App Store®.